Why We Celebrate Halloween
As we are in the month of October all we can see all around us is in theme for Halloween. We are excited about Halloween which is celebrated every year on 31 October. Here I would like to take the opportunity and share with you little detail about the festival to understand it better. The tradition originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts. In the eighth century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all saints. Soon, All Saints Day incorporated some of the traditions of Samhain. The evening before was known as All Hallows Eve, and later Halloween. Over time, Halloween evolved into a day of activities like trick-or-treating, carving jack-o-lanterns, festive gatherings, donning costumes, and eating treats. This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter. So we can see that Halloween is not just something which started a few years back it has a long history attached to it and knowing about the origin and reason why it is celebrated helps us in knowing another culture better and celebrate with them.
So to make this year’s celebration better we have planned some DIY decorations for this festive season they are super easy and you can do them with your kids as well it will be a fun activity as promised and you can also place them on your windows where it will be visible to everyone. So let’s get started.
1 BAT BRANCH DECORATION
1. Dry plant branches(you can use any stick of any length if you don’t have them you can always find them in the park when you go for walk.
2. Black chart paper(if you don’t have a black color paper you can take any colored paper and color it black and use it as well)
4. Thread (any color will work)
5. Cello tape
6. Vase to keep the branches.
1. On a black sheet draw the shape of a bat and cut them. You can go for all same size or different sizes.
2. Take a thread of around 3-4 inches and make a loop at both the ends now stick it on the back of the bat you cut out with the help of cello tape or you can also use glue of you like.
3. Just hang them on branches.
Some more craft like that
3.DIY Gost making craft