As we are reaching the end of the winters, all we can think of is having ice-creams and fruit icicles on a bright sunny summer days. But, wait there’s still time for that until then you and your kid can enjoy this icicle activity which apparently you can do at any time of the year irrespective of the season outside with the things easily available at home.
This activity not only focuses on mathematical skills like counting and number recognition but also improves hand-eye coordination.You can also use same activity for colour recognition or in learning new language depending upon your child’s need or interest. My son is learning French as a foreign language, in French numbers and alphabets are same as English but the phonics and pronunciation is different. So I wrote the number spelling on other side of the stick. You can get creative with this activity and twist it as you want without much efforts.
t is important to make your kid part of activity it won’t be easy to do it along with them I know but it sure would be more interesting for them if you do it together, it won’t look as pretty as it would have looked when you have made it yourself but the joy on your child’s face is worth more. So let’s get them off from television and tablet and give them some interesting work to do which will surely keep them busy for some time.
1. Coloured paper
4. Popsicles sticks
5. Most importantly Your kid to do this activity with you.
1. I took colored paper sheets of 15*15 cm and cut it into half.
2. Now I again folded the sheet in half then trimmed it from the side to make it rectangular in shape.
3. Put glue on marked areas only and keeping some place off (or leave one side open )so that you can put stick inside.
4. Now continue this process for 10 times and make 10 icicles.
5. Now get the trimmed paper and make your kid cut random shapes and then place it on paper, do it from 1-10.
6. On the stick write numbers from 1-10 and your activity is ready.